PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEB SITE. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO THE DISCLAIMER AND ALL OTHER TERMS PROVIDED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE DISCLAIMER AND ALL OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THIS SITE!
Purpose of the Web Site
It is the purpose of the official City of Glendora Web site (www.ci.glendora.ca.us) to provide accurate, non-editorial content that will inform, educate, and enlighten the Citizens of the City of Glendora about the functions, services, activities, issues, operations and projects of their municipal government. When/where appropriate, the websites will be used to facilitate the delivery of direct services provided by the City of Glendora municipal government to its citizens and visitors. All City of Glendora municipal government offices, departments, agencies, governing bodies, boards, and commissions are eligible to submit content or request the posting or hypertext linking to appropriate information to support their mission or service initiatives. Unless sponsored by an eligible user (as defined above), other individuals or groups are not eligible. All Internet posting requests (other than the Community Calendar) must come from an eligible user. The City Webmaster, an employee of the Information Technology Division of the City of Glendora, is the public point of contact for all concerns regarding the City's web presence. Comments about this site are welcome from any source and are always greatly appreciated.
The security of the information you provide to the City of Glendora is important to us. However, The City of Glendora site includes links to other sites, and when you choose to visit those sites, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or how user information is utilized. In addition, we may permit third parties to offer registration-based services through our site. We are not responsible for the actions and policies of these third parties, and encourage individuals to review the privacy policies of these parties when supplying personally identifiable information to them.
Copyright, Trademarks and Servicemarks
Servicemarks and trademarks contained in or displayed on the site, and the contents of linked sites operated by third parties, are the property of their respective owners. All other design, information, text, graphics, images, pages, interfaces, links, software, and other items and materials contained in or displayed on this site, and the selection and arrangements thereof, are the property of the City of Glendora. All rights are reserved. Permission is granted to residents and citizens of the City of Glendora to copy electronically and to print single pages from the site for the sole purpose of sharing information on the site with other citizens and residents, and on the condition that the pages are copied, printed, and shared without cost to the recipients and exactly as presented on the site, without any addition or modification. Distribution, or republication in any other form or for any other purpose, including any commercial purpose or use, and any modification whatsoever, are strictly prohibited without the prior written permission of the City.
Communications Through The Site
In no event shall any communication made through this site's e-mail and messaging functions constitute legal notice to the City, or to any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents, or representatives (including but not limited to legal notice required by federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations) with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action against the City or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents, or representatives.
Links To and From City of Glendora Web Sites
External links may be made to Web sites that meet the following criteria, as determined by the City Webmaster:
- Sites that are owned and managed by a state, local or federal governmental agency or local school board.
- Sites that are maintained by an organization that receives direct financial support from the City.
- Sites that have a direct contractual relationship with the City for the provision of goods and/or services.
- Sites that provide a unique online resource that will assist in the provision of services and/or information that compliment the purpose of the City's web presence as outlined above.
External links will not be made to sites that fall within any of the following criteria, as determined by the City Webmaster:
- Sites that are owned or managed by a political party, candidate or special interest group or are of a political nature that are associated with, sponsored by or serving a candidate for elected office, any political party or organization supporting or seeking to defeat any candidate for elective office or ballot proposal.
- Sites that are owned, managed or provide content for commercial, non-profit, religious, community, civic or other organizations that do not have a direct contractual relationship with the City for the provision of goods and/or services.
- Sites containing any materials that may reasonably be considered scurrilous or offensive. Offensive materials are defined as sexual content or images, slurs against race, religious or political beliefs, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or physical attributes.
Links may be made to the City of Glendora Web site with the express written (email) permission of the City Webmaster. Persons wishing to link to the City Web site may contact the City Webmaster for permission and linking procedures. When permission is received to link to the City's Web site, all hypertext links must be pointed to the City's homepage, www.ci.glendora.ca.us. No link shall be made to any individual content page within the above mentioned City of Glendora Web Sites.
The City may collect and store information for statistical purposes. For example, the City may count the number of users to the different sections of the Site to help make those sections more useful to users.
Acceptance of Terms
- You agree that you will not violate (or attempt to violate) the security of this Web site by hacking, sending viruses, or any other similar malicious or careless conduct.
- You agree that you will not utilize the communication methods found within the Web site for the communication of any material that may reasonably be considered scurrilous or offensive. Offensive materials are defined as sexual content or images, slurs against race, religious or political beliefs, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or physical attributes.
- You agree not to upload (or attempt to upload) content of any type to this Web site.
- You acknowledge that you have no right to the intellectual property associated with this Web site and that you have only a limited right to use this Web site.
- You acknowledge that the City does not warrant the accuracy or availability of this Web site.
- You acknowledge that the City is not responsible for any loss, damage, or injury that you may have as a result of your use of this Web site.
- You agree to be bound by the laws applicable in City of Glendora with respect to your use of the Web site and you agree that any court proceedings relating to your use of the Web site will take place in the Superior Court of California, County of Riverside.
- You agree to grant the City all intellectual property rights in the content of any e-mail that you send to the City.
If you do not AGREE to ALL of these terms, please log off of this Web site immediately.