|Carlos Baffigo, Support Services Manager
140 S. Glendora Ave., Glendora, CA 91741
Support Services has four distinct areas of operations: Circulation Services; Computer Systems; Facilities; and Technical Services. Staff responds to all internal and external service requests in an efficient, timely, and professional manner. Staff in this Division is cross-trained to support both frontline public service assignments and behind-the-scenes technical work to maximize flexibility in responding to changing support service demands.
Specific service objectives are:
Support Services - Circulation Services
• Check out and check in Library materials; respond to customer account inquiries for renewals, overdues, claims returned and lost or damaged material; issue new library cards and create new accounts.
• Maintain up-to-date patron account database.
• Prepare and send overdue, holds, lost material, and damaged material notices.
• Track, record, and deposit fines and fees from overdue material and library services rendered daily.
• Lend and borrow library materials by interlibrary loan (ILL) and keep statistics.
• Maintain access to the Library’s collections by promptly and accurately returning material to the shelves.
Support Services - Computer Services (Partnership with IT and Public Services)
• Maintain Library’s integrated automation system (Polaris).
• Troubleshoot staff and public internet, hardware, software, and network problems.
• Maintain Library web site.
• Evaluate, recommend, and when appropriate, implement new technologies.
Support Services - Facility (Partnership with Public Works)
• Supervise the daily maintenance and repair of 28,700 sq. ft. Library facility, keeping it a clean and safe building environment.
• Manage Library building projects and adapt the building layout to maximize and enhance accessibility.
• Oversight of Library meeting rooms: includes application review and processing; scheduling; set up; break down; and maintenance of audio, computer and seating needs for meeting rooms.
• Coordinate shelving, office, and equipment procurement and relocation.
Support Services - Technical Services
• Order, receive, catalog, process, mend and withdraw all print and non-print material.
• Maintain accurate bibliographic record database.
• Assist customers with copying, faxing, and scanning needs through Copy Center services. Track, record and deposit revenue daily.
• Continuous inventorying of Library collections for accurate public database of Library