How to Obtain
You may apply for a library card by filling out an application at the Checkout Desk, or you may save time by printing out our Library Card Application over the Internet. Bring the completed library card application to the Library, along with photo identification (Driver's license, etc.) If your photo I.D. does not have your current address, bring something that has your name and current address. This could include a car registration card, a utility bill, etc., or send yourself a postcard addressed with your name and address.)
(Want quick access to our dowloadable e-books and audiobooks, online databases and more? Get an e-card. Note: a regular library card is still needed to check out books and other materials from inside the library.)
You do not need to be a Glendora resident. Free library cards are issued to California residents with picture identification and proof of current address. Please call the Library (626-852-4891) or see our circulation policy for details. Children in the 8th grade and under need a parent's signature to obtain a card. A current Glendora Library card or picture ID must be presented in order to check out materials.
Library cards entitle users to borrow from the full range of circulating materials.
Adult applicants (18 years and older) must be present when registering for a library card with a picture ID and proof of address. Children in eighth grade or younger must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or financially responsible adult caregiver, who is required to sign the application. Ninth to twelfth grade students do not need parents' signature if the student can show proper ID (School ID with picture is acceptable) and proof of residence address. Parents/guardians or financially responsible adult caregivers may register their children without the child being present.
No Age Restrictions
There are no age restrictions in obtaining a library card.
Without Your Card
Proper identification with name and current address is required to look up the record in the computer.
A Personal Identification Number (PIN) is issued to every library card holder. Your PIN is the last four digits of your telephone number. The PIN number can be used in with your library card number to access individual library accounts remotely via the library's catalog, place holds, request Interlibrary Loans, and access databases and free public computers.
Loans, Renewals & Extended Use Fees
Loan Periods (as of April 2013)
Loan periods are as follows:
- Audio books - 3 weeks
- Books - 3 weeks
- Playaways - 3 weeks
- Children's music cds - 3 weeks
- Children's read-along books and cassette/cds - 3 weeks
- Inter-library loan - 3 weeks (determined by lending library)
- Magazines - 3 weeks
- Music CD's - 3 weeks
- Vertical file items - 3 weeks
- Computer software - 1 week
- Literacy books - 3 months
- Vacation loan for renewable books - 6 weeks
- Videos (DVDs and VHS) - 1 week
Magazines marked "library use only" or "non-circulating"; do not circulate.
Books marked as "Reference" or "REF" are for Library Use Only; do not circulate.
These items may be renewed in person, by phone, or via library's web catalog:
- Audio books (Cassette and CD) - one additional 3 week renewal
- Books - one additional 3 week renewal
- Magazines - one additional 3 week renewal
- All Videos, (DVDs and VHS), Software - one additional 1 week renewal
- Music CDs - one additional 3 week renewals
- New Books - not renewable
Extended loans on items that can be renewed are available for out-of-town vacations for up to 6 weeks.
Books may be renewed by telephone at 626/852-4891 or online using your library card and PIN number through the library's computer catalog.
- All materials designated as "NEW"
- Items on which other patrons have placed a hold
No limits on any material
Extended Use Fees
- Adult & Children's material overdue .25 ¢/day
- VHS/DVDs/Software overdue $ 1.00/day
Maximum overdue fines: Children's materials $10; Adult materials $20; videos, DVD's and software $50 or cost of material whichever is less.
- Library Card Replacement $ 4.00
- Unclaimed Holds $ 1.00
- Lost/Damaged Library Materials Processing Fee $10.00
- Interlibrary Loan $ 1.00
- Test Administration (patrons who need a test proctored) $35.00
For a complete list of copying, printing, and other fees, please click here for our fee schedule.
A hold may be placed on circulating library materials by phone, on-line using a library card number and PIN, in person at one of the library service desks, or at public catalog computers.