The Glendora Public Library has over 146,000 items in our collection.
- Fiction: mystery, science fiction, fantasy, romance, westerns, classics, new and popular titles, short stories, best sellers, works in foreign languages
- Non-fiction: all subject areas, with special collections in travel, career & test preparation, Glendora history, self help & consumer law books, personal business forms, small business information, biographies, consumer information, auto repair, foreign language
- Reference: all areas including subject encyclopedias, California law, medical, literary criticism, dictionaries, biographies, antiques, City of Glendora council meetings, special agenda, Environmental Impact Reports, budget, Community Information, magazines/newspapers, microfilm/microfiche, audio books on CD and cassette, electronic books.
- DVDs/Videos: classic films and non-fiction including travel, biographies, history, sports, dance, religion, and exercise.
- Databases with subject specific information are available within the library or online.
Our Young Adult collection has 4,600 items.
- Fiction: popular, classics, school reading materials, series
- Non-fiction: all subject areas with special collections in Cliffs notes, hot topics, biographies, history, current events,sports, graphic novels, college materials, college preparation, career & test prep
- Reference: encyclopedias, all subject areas; limited Reference collection in the Young Adult area, with access to the adult Reference collection
- Online tutors for homework help
- Student Databases
The Children’s collection has 33,535 items and has its own room and storytime area.
- Children’s Catalog: catalog of materials easy for children to search
- Fiction: picture books, board books, easy readers, paperbacks, books from school reading lists, mysteries, Caldecott/Newbury Award winners, science fiction, new and popular titles, chapter books, classics
- Non-fiction: all subject areas with special collections in California missions, Native Americans, biographies, science experiments, animals, “how-to” books, poetry, sports, fairy tales
- Reference: all subject areas including encyclopedias, biographies, science experiments, California missions, Native Americans
- Read-Alongs: book with accompanying CD/cassette
- Audio books: books recorded on CD or cassette
- Foreign language: limited materials in Spanish, Chinese, French, German
- Magazines: some available for checkout
- DVDs/Videos: all items available for checkout and are rated “G”.
- Databases: available from home (Tumblebooks & World Book)