Library Study Rooms (Main floor)
- Library card, California I.D. or Student I.D. needed for study room sign-ups.
- Sign-ups are taken at the Circulation Desk.
- All sign-ups are taken in person. No study room sign-ups will be taken over the phone or by e-mail.
- Sign-ups are administered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Two-hour time limit per group. Rooms are closed 30 minutes before the library closes.
- Groups from 2-6 people may use rooms.
- A dry erase board and pens are provided.
- Rooms are not sound proof--no music or loud voices.
- Food allowed includes: beverages in closed containers and small snacks.*
- Rooms vacant for longer than 15 minutes will result in the group forfeiting their reservation.
- Doors are to remain locked and closed; library staff will initially open the doors for your group.
- Study rooms will be monitored; library staff has the authority to expel groups using the study rooms inappropriately.
- Abuse of study rooms and rules governing use may result in loss of library privileges.
- Library Policy 2.10: Food and Drink in Library:
- ALLOWED: beverages in covered containers (cans, cups with top, bottled water, etc.); small snacks such as candy, cookies, crackers, nuts, chips;
- NOT ALLOWED: open drinks, alcohol, ice cream/yogurt, restaurant food, sandwiches, anything requiring a utensil to eat (salad, yogurt, etc);
- Use of a study room by a group of children 9 years old or younger requires adult supervision at all times in accordance with Library Administrative Policy 4.08 "Use of Facilities and Resources by Minors."
- Study room users are expected to adhere to all Library policies including Admin. Policy 4.09 "Appropriate Library Behavior" which states "No disruptive behavior shall be allowed in the library; illegal activities are not permitted."
Violators will be asked to leave the library and may lose library privileges.