Do you have other business questions not related to planning/zoning issues? Contact Glendora's Assistant to the City Manager, Valerie Escalante, at (626) 914-8292 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where to Locate Your Business
Every property in Glendora has a certain zoning designation. Certain types of businesses are allowed in certain zones. Other types of businesses may be allowed only with approval of a special permit by the Planning Director or Planning Commission.
The Zoning Map shows the zone designation of all properties in the city. The zoning use list shows what types of businesses are allowed in which zones. The Route 66 zoning use list shows what types of businesses are allowed in the zones along the Route 66 corridor.
All businesses in Glendora must obtain a business license from the Finance Department. The Planning Department review
The Glendora Municipal Code limits the type, size, and location of signs. Sign requirements vary depending on the zone in which your business is located. All signs require a permit from the Building Division. Below are links to the sign requirements for the various zones, and a brochure about signs and sign permits.
Temporary Banner Requirements
Any business may display a temporary banner to advertise a grand opening, sale, or other special event, with approval of a temporary banner permit. A banner permit may be issued for 30, 60, or 90 days. Banners must comply with the following requirements:
- A business may display a banner for a maximum of 90 days in any 12-month period.
- New effective 10/24/13! - A new business may display a banner for 60 additional days (150 days total) within 12 months after opening or changing owners. A 30-day waiting period is required between the initial 90 days and 60 additional days.
- No more than one banner per business may be displayed at a time.
- The maximum banner size is 45 square feet.
- The banner must be securely attached to the face of the building.
- The banner may not be installed on the roof and may not extend above the parapet of the building.
- The banner must be made of non-reflective, non-metallic material.
- The banner may not be used as a substitute for a permanent business sign; the banner may only be used to announce a grand opening, special event, seasonal activity, or sale.
Temporary Banner Permit Application
Download temporary banner permit application (PDF document may be filled out on your computer and printed; you will not be able to save the filled-out document).
Banner applications must be submitted in person at the Planning Department office. Mailed or faxed applications are not accepted. A $45.00 application fee is due when the application is submitted. Applications are approved over the counter.