The Gables on 66 project proposes to redevelop one vacant parcel, a mobile home park (Magnolia Mobile Homes) and a 20-unit apartment complex (Scandia Apartments) on Route 66, plus 5 single-family residences on Colorado Street. All of these structures are to be demolished to make way for a new development which includes 106 townhomes and approximately 2,000 square feet of retail along Route 66, and 20 new single-family homes along Colorado Street. The proposed townhomes will range in size from 1,150 square feet to 2,066 square feet. Smaller units provide 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, whereas larger units provide up to 4 bedrooms plus a den and 3.5 bathrooms. The proposed new single-family residences range in size from 2,253 square feet to 3,145 square feet and will be a mixture of one and two-story structures. Each single-family residence provides 3-4 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms. Amenities for the project include private and common open space areas in excess of 12,000 square feet, in addition to private rear yard areas for each single-family residence.
The proposed project aims to revitalize existing properties along the Route 66 corridor and Colorado Street. Specifically, the proposed project intends to compliment new and existing businesses along Grand Avenue and the Route 66 corridor. The addition of approximately 2,000 square feet of commercial/retail space as part of this project further promotes pedestrian foot-traffic along the Route 66 corridor.
The goal of this web page is to provide the public with a way to access the latest happenings occurring with the development and to answer questions about the development. We encourage interested persons to contact the Planning Department directly if you have any questions or concerns.
Recent Project Approvals
- The Planning Commission recommended approval of the project to the City Council on April 29, 2014, and the City Council approved the project on June 3, 2014. (Project No. PLN13-0018).
- The Final Map for this project was approved by the Planning Commission on October 6, 2015, and approved by the City Council on October 13, 2015.
- Demolition permits for the previously existing mobile home park, apartment units and single-family residences were issued on December 11, 2014. As of June 2016, various building permits have been issued for construction of the multiple-family townhomes and single family homes.
Significant Activity and Schedule
- Following the approval of entitlements by the City Council, the project was sold by LaTerra Development, LLC to D.R. Horton. Demolition of all existing structures occurred between January and March 2015.
- Glendora Planning Department > Sean McPherson, Associate Planner (626) 852-4818 or email@example.com
- Glendora Public Works Department > Alison Sweet, City Engineer (626) 914-8248 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Developer > D.R. Horton-Humberto Barajas, Superintendent (818) 251-5704 or email@example.com
- Project Plans Part 1 (townhouses and commercial)
- Project Plans Part 2 (single-family residences)
- Project Plans Part 3 (landscaping)
- Project Plans Part 4 (Vesting Tentative Tract Map)
- Planning Commission meeting documents from April 29, 2014
- City Council meeting documents from June 3, 2014