October is National Community Planning Month.
Amateur and professional photographers of all ages are invited to
enter their best high resolution images celebrating our community.
Entering is easy, free and by email!
Does Glendora hold a special place in your heart? Do you have a keen eye for the interesting people, places and things that make Glendora the great place that it is? If so, the City of Glendora needs YOUR help in the very first city of Glendora Photo Celebration! Capture the Pride of the Foothills!
Amateur and professional photographers of all ages are invited to enter their best high resolution images celebrating our community. Entering is easy, free and by email.
The mission of the photo submission project is to celebrate the City of Glendora, therefore all photos entered must be taken within our city limits or directly adjacent. Photos taken of locations outside the City of Glendora will be disqualified, as will low resolution images that cannot be well reproduced in printed materials. Be sure to set your camera or smart phone settings at the highest possible resolution for best results.
CATEGORIES: Capture Glendora’s beautiful environment, eclectic architecture, active people and vibrant community life, and submit your favorite photographs in these categories:
- Environment—skylines, open spaces, parks & wildlife
- Architecture—urban design, cityscapes, landmarks & infrastructure
- People—portraits of residents and participants in city sponsored events & classes
- Community—scenes of education, volunteering, street/nightlife, celebrations, arts & cultural events
- Historic Qualities – what makes our community unique?
SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS BY EMAIL: Entering is easy and free! Limit: up to 6 entries (emails) per participant in any combination of categories. Send only ONE image file per email AS AN ATTACHMENT (do not embed image files in the message area) and send to: email@example.com with the subject line 'Photo Celebration Entry'.
SUBMISSION PERIOD: SUBMISSION PERIOD CLOSED - Thank you for participating!
IMAGE REQUIREMENTS: Eligible images from a digital camera or smart phone set at no less than 3 mega pixels high resolution or digitally scanned if from a non-digital camera must be in either JPG or PNG digital format at a file size of between 3 megabytes (minimum) and 9 megabytes (maximum) at 300 dpi (dots per inch) of sufficient resolution to print at 8 by 10 inch size without a loss of quality. Be sure to set your camera or smart phone settings at the highest possible resolution for best results.
RENAME YOUR FILES: File names generated by the digital camera or scan must be RENAMED as follows: enter number of category above (1-5), first and last name of participant, and short title of photograph ending with 2016photocelebration without using capital letters, spaces, underlines or dashes. For instance, if Richard Newsham entered an architectural shot of the Glendora Library he would rename his photo entry:
Please submit the image only--do not embed captions, words, watermarks or photographer's name on the image. The City will add the photographer's photo credit to any image it uses using a standard format.
For each email the participant MUST supply all the following information:
A. On the email subject line: 'Photo Celebration Entry'
B. In the message area enter:
- First and last name of participant
- Contact phone number
- Email address
- Select category by number (1-5) above
- Date and location where photo was taken
By submitting entries, the participant acknowledges and agrees to the terms of the celebration ENTRY AGREEMENT (read terms below).
In submitting the attached photo(s) (PHOTO) to the City of Glendora (CITY) and participating in the City of Glendora Phot Celebration I (we), (PARTICIPANT), hereby warrant and agree to the following:
- PARTICIPANT warrants to CITY that he/she has lawful ownership rights to the PHOTO and acknowledges that once submitted, the PHOTO becomes the property of the CITY.
- The PHOTO is the result of PARTICIPANT'S sole artistic efforts unless otherwise stated above as a collaboration.
- Except as otherwise disclosed in writing to CITY in this submittal form, the PHOTO is unique and original and does not infringe upon any copyright or patent.
- The PHOTO is free and clear of any lien. Except for title and possession, pursuant to the Copyright Act of 1976 (17 U.S.C. §101 et seq.), PARTICIPANT will retain the copyright and all other rights in and to the PHOTO.
- The PARTICIPANT grants to CITY an irrevocable and non-exclusive worldwide license to reproduce, to distribute, and/or to display two- or three-dimensional reproductions of the PHOTO in any manner whatsoever relating to any CITY publication or event, including, without limitation:
- Public display as well as reproduction on CITY items, such as print ads, postcards, posters, brochures, applications, television programs and the City website.
- In addition the CITY will include PARTICIPANT'S name somewhere on the document where the photo is used.
The CITY may alter images of the PHOTO as necessary to fit into reduced or enlarged format sizes.
The CITY may use the PHOTO on CITY merchandise and commercial items which may be sold for fundraising purposes.
Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 106A(3) and only to the extent that this Agreement differs, PARTICIPANT expressly waives any rights that the he/she may have under Cal. Civ. Code § 987 or 17 U.S.C. §§ 101 et seq., including, without limitation, 17 U.S.C. §§ 106, 106A, and 113, or any successor statute(s) or regulation(s).
PARTICIPANT agrees to release CITY, its agents, officials, employees, and volunteers from and against all liability, including copyright or patent infringement claims or causes of action, arising out of this Agreement and claims arising from PARTICIPANT'S participation in the City of Glendora Photo Celebration. PARTICIPANT agrees to defend (with counsel satisfactory to CITY), indemnify and hold City harmless and free from all liability, whether caused by passive negligence or otherwise, arising out of PARTICIPANT'S participation or association with the City of Glendora Photo Celebration. PARTICIPANT agrees to pay all costs incident to any claim, including, without limitation, attorneys' fees. I agree that the above information is correct. I further agree that this agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of California.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, this document is available in alternate formats by contacting the City of Glendora at (626) 914-8200 or through the California Relay Service.
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE CONCLUSION? WHERE WILL MY PHOTOS BE DISPLAYED?
The Glendora City Council will issue a proclamation at a public meeting proclaiming October as “Community Planning Month” - October 11th @ 7pm
“Future Planners Workshop- What it takes to make a City,” - Monday, October 24th, 2016 - 3:00pm - 4:30pm
Photo celebration photos displayed on City website and/or social media.
Photo Celebration to appear in a future episode of Go, Glendora! highlighting Community Planning Month.