The City of Glendora is updating its General Plan Housing Element as required by State law. The Housing Element is one of the seven State-mandated elements, or chapters, of the General Plan. The General Plan is a long-range planning document that sets forth goals and policies for the growth and improvement of the City.
The Housing Element is concerned with specifically identifying ways in which the housing needs of current and future Glendora residents can be met. This Housing Element covers the planning period of October 15, 2013 through October 15, 2021, and identifies strategies and programs that focus on the following:
- Conserving and improving existing affordable housing
- Providing adequate housing sites
- Assisting in the development of affordable housing
- Removing governmental and other constraints to housing development
- Promoting equal housing opportunities
Planning Commission Public Hearing
The Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. to discuss the draft of the updated Housing Element. Any interested members of the public are invited to attend the meeting to share your thoughts on the draft document and/or housing needs in Glendora. The meeting will be held in the City Council Chambers at City Hall, 116 E. Foothill Blvd., Glendora.
Public Review Draft
The draft of the Housing Element is now available for public review. The draft is a redline that shows changes from the current Housing Element. The document is available for download below.
Download public review draft
The document may also be viewed at the following locations:
- Glendora Planning Department, 116 E. Foothill Boulevard, Glendora, CA 91741
- Glendora Public Library, 140 S. Glendora Avenue, Glendora, CA 91741
For more information, please contact Michael Forbes in the Planning Department.